Friday, October 12, 2007

Se7en - A Prologue


Welcome back! It’s been a long time since I wrote something here so I was determined to write something really worthwhile. Something I can be proud of, something epic. So, I am going to write about the 7 best cars in my favorite racing game of all time – Need For Speed Most Wanted. I’ve been playing this game for more than a year now and have completed the career twice making sure that I’d drive a different set of cars each time. Ok, I admit that I couldn’t resist buying a couple of cars for the second time coz I was in love with them but rest assured, a lot of thought and work has gone into the process of deciding the cars, the order and especially writing about each of them without sounding repetitive.

Writing a bit about these cars from the real world perspective was the easy part, deciding which car in the game was slightly better than the other car and in what way was pretty tricky. I drove these cars over and over again, first over different tracks to figure out their strengths and weaknesses and then over the same track [Petersburg & Camden Tollbooth – Race Event #7/11 under Blacklist #1] to get a measure of their relative performance. I plagiarized Top Gear and stole the phrase “Power Laps”, each Power Lap figure being the time I was left with when I got to the final tollbooth. It represents the ideal run from start to finish such that there were no major head-on collisions with muggle cars [Traffic, I mean. This is my tribute to JK Rowling] or any other mishaps. This Tollbooth event is 8 mins long even in the fastest car which means there’s plenty of time for Murphy’s Law to get to work, so believe me when I tell you that a lot of effort went into obtaining consistent Power Lap figures for each car.

Anyway, I hope you will have as much fun reading this as much Repetitive Strain Injury I sustained to my wrist while writing this. And I would be honored if you were to let me know if you agreed/disagreed with me on what I’ve written here. Later…

3 comments:

hassaan said...

great posts, all of them. but i kinda disagree with the order. The best car in NFSMW is the BMW M3 without the slightest doubt(which youve placed at number 5). after that, its the Carrera GT and then the lotus elise.

good work though, keep it up !

Sweta said...

When will you post again? It's been *ages*!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.